Posted Wednesday, February 3
Doran Companies is seeking a full-time Project Architect or Architectural Project Coordinator for its corporate office in Bloomington, MN. The successful candidate should possess 10-15 years of experience, with a focus in the Construction Administration process and hold a professional degree in Architecture and be licensed in the state of Minnesota.
• Develop design, construction documents and specifications for projects
• Interpret design concept and translate them into workable construction systems
• Evaluate alternatives to develop cost effective solutions
• Maintain quality technical and design control
• Develop construction details and research architectural materials and systems
• Deliver complete, accurate and coordinated project documentation.
• Work independently or with design team to complete projects with fast-paced schedules
• Coordinate with clients and consultants to oversee accurate and timely completion of construction documents
• Research and coordinate materials and products for project specifications
• Impellent all local, state and federal applicable building codes, constructability and architectural standards of practice
• Conduct site observations and prepare site inventory documentation.
• Participate in all aspects of construction administration related activities (in office and on site)
• Lead/Mentor production staff
• Bachelors or master’s degree in Architecture and professional license preferred
• 8+ years of Project Architect experience within the architecture and construction field
• Strong understanding and knowledge of building codes, zoning regulations, building construction, building systems and site requirements.
• Ability to provide efficient and elegant design solutions
• High level of conceptual creativity, innovative thinking and problem solving
• Strong graphical and presentation skills
• Excellent communication skills and ability to have a solid working relationship with clients
• Proficient in Revit
• Work history in multi-family and senior housing
• Competitive salary package
• Paid time off
• Excellent medical, dental insurance and vision insurance
• Life and disability insurance
• 401(k) Savings Plan
• Profit sharing