Posted Monday, February 22
Wilkus Architects has been an established architectural design firm since 1990. We are committed to providing new and innovative design through the use of creative cutting-edge technology. We offer comprehensive services with a staff that has the means to achieve the specific needs of our clients to reach their design goals.
You will find success with our firm as we believe in the development of well-rounded employees with competence in the whole project process from programming through construction administration. Potential projects include commercial office and automotive projects.
Wilkus Architects is currently seeking an experienced, hard-working individual with exceptional communication skills.
– Assists the Project Manager through all phases of design
– Preparation and participation in project development meetings
– Coordination and collaboration with project team: internal, engineering consultants, vendors and general contractors
– Develop design, construction documents, and specifications for projects
– Responsible for finished plans, specifications and approval of materials and construction
Advanced knowledge of building sections, wall sections and details
– Ability to compose, edit and research written specifications as a part of the construction documents
– Interpret conceptual design and translate them into workable construction documents;
Ability to provide efficient and thoughtful design solution(s)
– High level of conceptual creativity balanced with ability to meet both jurisdictional design and client program requirements
– Perform detailed and comprehensive code analysis and initial project due diligence
– Able to read, understand and coach others on local, state and national codes and regulations
Participates in Construction Administration services including: site meetings and follow up reports, RFIs, shop drawing review & finish selection
– Adhere to company standards and client expectations
– Work both independently or with design team to complete projects with fast-paced schedules
– Lead and Mentor production staff.
– Licensed Architect
– Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture
– 8+ years of experience
– Expert in Revit (minimum of 5 years professional experience required)
– Knowledgeable in Bluebeam, Enscape, AutoCAD, and Adobe Creative Suite
– Experience in general commercial construction technologies
– New construction & interior improvements
Knowledge of steel and masonry building structures and detailing (CMU, precast, tilt-wall, brick, light gauge framing, EIFS, stucco, curtain wall, storefront systems)
– Knowledge of conceptual site planning
– Strong graphical and presentation skills
– Strong written and verbal skills
– Ability to lead and work within a collaborative team environment
– Strong Organizational skills, detail oriented.
Wilkus Architects offers a competitive salary and generous benefits packaged with Profit Sharing, 401K retirement savings program, health, dental, vision, flexible schedule, PTO, and paid holidays. Wilkus Architects is committed to mentoring our staff and creating opportunities for advancement into roles with increased involvement and project complexity. Wilkus Architects is an Equal Opportunity Employer.