Posted Monday, April 26
Kaas Wilson Architects
At Kaas Wilson Architects, we roll up our sleeves and get stuff done. We are a group of 60+ down-to-earth, passionate professionals who strive to better our communities, one building at a time. We work on affordable housing, senior living, renovation, and historic preservation. We do it because we see the impact it makes; and we’ve been rewarded for our efforts with many awards.
We believe in collaboration and teamwork. We respect our differences and park our egos at the door. We embrace hard work because we believe in the communities we’re serving. We are invested in each other’s success. Join us and be part of something bigger than yourself.
Employees receive strong benefit packages with merit-based bonuses, a 401(k) contribution, professional development funds, and health insurance covered at 100% for the employee (plus, lots and lots of coffee when we’re at the office).
We work hard, but maintain a flexible schedule, and try not to take ourselves too seriously. We believe our work will be better when there is more diversity in our workforce; that our differences strengthen us. Thus, we strongly encourage applications from those who are members of marginalized communities.
We are currently seeking a Project Architect to join our team.
The ideal candidate would be described as creative, detail-oriented, professional, self-motivated, personable, articulate, and a team player.
– Lead the development and execution of technical aspects of a project
– Research products, codes, and construction detailing
– Collaborate and coordinate with all consultants
– Coordinate with product representatives regarding the specific needs of a project
– Collaborate with the Project Manager and other team members to ensure efficient and quality project delivery that meets the project schedule and budget
– Participate in quality control and quality assurance at all phases of a project
– Mentor intermediate and junior project team members.
– 8+ years of professional experience in an architectural firm
– Bachelors’ Degree (BA, BDA, or BS) in Architecture, B.Arch, or M.Arch completed
– Licensure (or working toward licensure) required
– Proficiency in Revit and some knowledge of SketchUp and other modeling software programs
– Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite applications, specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
– Experience with wood and steel frame construction techniques, meeting code requirements and implementation of building science best practices for project detailing
– Excellent communication, documentation, and collaboration skills
– Experience with affordable housing financing requirements and processes
– Experience with housing specific sustainable design initiatives (Green Communities, Energy Star, PHIUS, etc.)
– Experience with existing building assessments and renovation
– Multi-family housing experience strongly preferred
– Some local and regional travel may be required.
Compensation and Benefits:
– Competitive salary
– Merit-based bonuses
– Paid time off
– Health insurance paid at 100% for employee; dental, vision, and other insurance available
– Professional Development funds for continuing education and professional memberships
– Flexible schedule
– Casual work environment
Submit PDFs of cover letter, resume, and portfolio (maximum size 5 MB) to: Nicole Finsaas-Pike at email@example.com.