Posted Tuesday, August 1
– Lloyd Companies is headquartered in Sioux Falls, SD and this position would be for the Sioux Falls area. The Project Architect for Lloyd Companies is responsible for the development and implementation of project construction documents. With the assistance of various design team members, the Project Architect will oversee subconsultants to develop construction documents for various Lloyd Companies projects.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
-> Development of Construction Documents (60% of Job Responsibility)
– Works hand-in-hand with other design, development, finance, and construction team members to move projects forward.
– Oversees and develops architectural plans.
– Provides QA/QC comments to both team members and consultants.
– May stamp drawings and works to secure building permits.
–> Construction Administration (20% of Job Responsibility)
– In partnership with construction team, promptly provides information and clarity to teammates in the field.
– Inspects construction sites regularly to provide feedback and compliance with designs.
– Review and sign-off on necessary change-orders.
–> Department Training & Standards Development (10% of Job Responsibility)
– Assists various design team members in developing project plans.
– Works cross-divisionally to continually develop multifamily and commercial standards within document templates.
–> Innovation & Continued Improvement (10% of Job Responsibility)
– Work collaboratively with internal and external partners to innovate and advance our designs and develop new prototypes.
– Perform all other duties assigned and those that may be necessary to achieve company and departmental goals.
Directly supervise assigned employees. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, developing, and training employees with assistance from human resources; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
– Proficient in Revit and various design/architectural software.
– Strong technical architectural knowledge.
– Holds self and others to high ethical standards.
– Exceptional leadership skills.
– Demonstrated strategic thinking skills.
– Excellent oral and written communication skills.
– Ability to understand financial statements and creating and maintaining budgets.
– Analytical capability and methodical approach to presenting and interpreting data.
– Sales ability and a competitive spirit.
– High attention to detail and organization.
– Active member of the community.
– Desire to network and get involved.
– Computer literate.
– Excellent accountability and follow-through skills.
– Ability to carry out multi-task projects.
– Ability to work well with diverse groups or individuals.
– Regular and consistent attendance.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
– Bachelor’s (B.S) degree in related field; and 5 or more years of architectural experience.
– Registered Architect in the State of South Dakota.
– Do the Right Thing. Act Ethically. We are responsible for our words, our actions and our results.
– Build Relationships for Life. At Work. At Home. In the Community.
– Solve It. Deliver results through innovation, creative thinking, and problem solving.
– Have Fun. Perform at Your Best. Celebrate Successes.