Posted Monday, November 15
We are seeking a Project Architect/Senior Project Architect who desires to grow with a team of talented and dedicated design professionals. As a dedicated team member within our firm, you will be responsible for managing and producing Architectural projects under the supervision of the firm leadership throughout all design phases.
• Work with firm principals and team members to ensure all client program requests and design standards are successfully incorporated into projects.
• Develop design documents that meets the client’s needs and fulfill criteria of retailer’s design intent criteria.
• Produce and manage project deliverables throughout all design phases, leading and communicating effectively with team members to successfully hit milestones and deadlines.
• Coordinate with interior designers, external engineering disciplines, and general contractors to meet project goals and timelines.
• Work collaboratively with team members to develop and produce project manuals and specifications
• Provide quality assurance and control of permit and construction documents within assigned scope of work
• Guide and support Construction Administration, review shop drawing and submittals, as well as answer project related questions from the field.
• Master or Bachelor’s degree from a NAAB accredited College or University
• 8+ years minimum professional Architectural experience
• Proficiency in Revit, Bluebeam, Microsoft Office Suite and AutoCAD
• Proficiency in International building codes and Minnesota amendments.
• Demonstrate working knowledge of building systems, materials, and technologies.
• Ability to produce a full set of working construction documents, which meets building code requirements, accessibility, and is conscious of project budget requirements.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in written form, with clients, consultants, firm principals, and design team members
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage time and set priorities of project deliverables
• Quick learner with ability to easily navigate priority changes and deadlines
• Strong organizational skills with ability to pay attention to details
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, taking ownership of assigned projects and tasks
• Resourceful problem solver and critical thinker who can present solutions when faced with challenges.
• Have a positive attitude and act with integrity and professionalism.
• Licensed Registered Architect preferred but not required.
• Experience designing branded retail, warehouse, office, or automotive facilities, with preference to candidates with experience in multiple design sectors.
• Project management experience overseeing and coordinating design projects through construction administration.
• Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and rendering software programs.
Baker Associates offers competitive salary and benefits package including health, dental, life, and long-term disability.
Baker Associates, Inc. Architects is a solutions-based third-generation architecture and interior design firm that was founded in 1959. Our story began with iconic Minneapolis office buildings such as the IDS Center and TCF Bank Tower. Today we have a long history in car dealership and theater design, and now are shifting our focus to expand into new stable future markets to augment our already strong base business.
We pride ourselves in providing personalized experiences for our clients and diving into the technical aspects of design.
The successful candidate can thrive in a fast-paced collaborative environment and be a self-starter with strong abilities to multi-task and prioritize work to help develop projects. If you are self-motivated and have a passion for the technical aspects of design, we want to hear from you!