Project Architect/Project Manager
Posted Tuesday, January 22
Experience and Education:
Ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5-10 years of experience as a Project Architect/Project Manager who has managed all phases of a project from design through construction. Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Architecture from an accredited architecture program required. Architectural licensure preferred. Experience designing retail environments is a plus.
• Work within the Store Development & Engineering team to design and execute new stores and remodels. Projects include large and small format grocery stores, restaurants, convenience stores, car washes, and other retail initiatives, as well as a variety of projects for our subsidiary companies.
• Create and review production drawings and specifications.
• Manage in-house production and consultant teams to ensure all members are working effectively and maintaining project schedules.
• Review and approve shop drawings and submittals.
• Work with the general contractor, from pre-construction through project completion, to ensure the project is completed according to the design intent and construction documents. Schedule and perform site visits in coordination with project team.
• Collaborate with Real Estate/Site Development, Equipment, Merchandising, and Store Setup teams during all phases of a project.
• Organize, schedule, and manage multiple projects in various phases of design and construction.
• Research and implement design solutions and cost-efficiency measures for new construction, remodels and facilities projects.
• Develop and maintain architectural design standards and Revit/AutoCAD technical standards.
• Attend company and departmental meetings. Lead project meetings.
Knowledge Skills and Experience Required:
• Well-developed technical knowledge and strong design skills.
• Thorough understanding of building materials, construction methods, and both interior and exterior building systems.
• Knowledge of model building codes and health codes and the ability to navigate the intent and application of codes for various building types and uses.
• Ability to clearly present design and technical information to project teams and senior operations leadership groups.
• Ability to manage multiple project teams, budgets, and schedules simultaneously.
• Strong Revit and AutoCAD skills. Proficiency with Bluebeam and Microsoft Office.
• Team-focused individual with strong communication and collaboration skills; verbal, written, and interpersonal.
• Experience with project cost histories and cost management processes.
• Ability to travel, up to 20% of the time.
• Commitment to Hy-Vee goals and a willingness to promote the values of the Company.