Project Architect / Project Manager
Posted Thursday, January 30
Architecture Advantage, LLC is seeking an enthusiastic Project Architect to join our growing St. Paul office! We specialize in Higher Education, Hospitality, Multi-Family and Government markets. The opportunity and potential are here for the right candidate to grow within the firm.
I. General Description
The Project Architect responsibilities include planning, technical application design, construction documentation preparation and review, construction administration and implementation for all assigned projects, in consultation with the project manager and senior leadership.
The following qualifications are required:
• A Bachelor’s degree and/or Master’s degree from an NAAB Accredited University.
• Licensed Architect in the State of Minnesota with an active NCARB record.
• Proficiency with AutoCAD and Revit software.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Bluebeam software.
• At least five years previous Architect experience.
Proficiency in Photoshop, InDesign and Sketchup is preferred.
In addition, this position requires the following skills:
• Critical Thinking. Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions and approaches to problems.
• Complex Problem Solving. Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
• Communication. Utilize advanced interpersonal skills, including the ability to develop and exhibit courteous, friendly and professional communication in person and via telephone.
III. Salary and Benefits
Competitive salary and bonuses offered based on experience. The following benefits are offered:
• Health Insurance – full premium paid by employer
• SIMPLE IRA – 3% employer match
• Life Insurance
• Long Term Disability
• Vacation/Sick Time
• Professional Development and Professional Organization Fees
• Flexibility with schedule and remote work (full time remote employment not offered)
IV. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This position requires the following duties, knowledge, skills and responsibilities:
• Design. Knowledge of design techniques, tools and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings and models to ensure adherence to defined standards. In-depth understanding of code evaluation and material selection.
• Consultation. Consult with clients regarding project scope, design, schematics, practicality and delivery, including site visits. Answer questions or seek out answers and effectively manage client questions, issues or concerns. Prepare design proposals and presentations.
• Oversight and Supervision. Provide ongoing oversight of all aspects of assigned projects, monitoring budgets, operating within budget guidelines and optimizing resources and schedules. Run project meetings; coordinate with technicians, interior designer, administration and external consultants; make timely decisions, revisions and adjustments to bring project to completion within budget and timelines.
• Computers and Technology. Exhibit excellent computer skills and proficiently manage AutoCAD, Revit, image design and editing software, Bluebeam, Word, Excel, email, etc. with a high level of speed and accuracy• Special Projects and Attendance. Complete special projects, as needed and assigned by supervisor. Timely and regular attendance to complete job duties.
This position is at the hub of a fast-paced and growing business. S/he must thrive in a busy setting with frequent interruptions and have the ability to prioritize and problem solve.
Mission, Vision & Values: Work cooperatively with all employees, clients and vendors to enhance our mission, vision and values.
• Attention to Detail
Support the mission by exhibiting professionalism, integrity and ethical behavior.
Communication and Teamwork: Practice positive communication and teamwork. Actively listen and follow our values in communicating with all employees, clients and vendors.
Policies and Procedures: Know, follow and enforce policies and procedures. Suggest improvements to procedures that would enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
Positive Work Environment: Build and foster positive employee attitudes and morale. Develop and promote positive co-worker relationships. Address problems between individuals directly, respectfully, honestly and with integrity.
Cultural Competency and Inclusiveness: Display sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural and other differences in the employee, client and vendor population. Maintain and support an inclusive work environment free from bullying, discrimination and harassment.
Self-Development: Improve and develop personal and professional potential. Assess personal strengths and areas for improvement. Maintain regular and reliable level of attendance necessary to perform job responsibilities.
Job Type: Full-time