Project Architect / Project Manager
Posted Tuesday, September 28
HMA Architects, Ltd
Salary / Compensation
Project Architect/Project Manager
HMA Architects is a progressive architectural firm located in historic downtown St. Cloud, MN. We have been providing outstanding architectural services for over 30 years and are currently seeking highly motivated Project Architects, Project Managers, and Job Captains to join our creative and hardworking team of professionals. A position at HMA provides opportunities to be involved in a wide variety of project types including: office, healthcare, military, hospitality, municipal, religious and multi-family housing to name a few.
This is an opportunity to experience architecture in a dynamic and playful office with involvement in all phases of the practice of architecture. We feel that working together collaborating throughout the day not only gives everyone a chance to succeed but also builds relationships and a healthy HMA family environment. HMA strives to provide innovative, conscientious design solutions for all of our clients no matter how large or small the project.
Successful candidates should possess the following qualifications & skills:
• Professional Degree or Masters of Architecture. Your education has helped create the person you are today, HMA will expand on that and foster further development for you to be the best that you can be.
• 3-5 years of experience in an architect’s office, managing information, schedules and production of work. You like challenges? We have them. • Knowledge of REVIT, AutoCAD, Sketch-Up, Adobe Software, Lumion, Microsoft Office. The basics will suffice as we do provide opportunities to push yourself and your experience further.
• Interpersonal and problem solving skills with a healthy dose of character. We like to have fun!
• Specification writing and construction administration a plus. Specs can be a bit dry, we get it, but if you can do them and don’t mind the work, come on board, we have room.
• Candidates must be committed to design excellence and client satisfaction. We have repeat business and our clients are a part of the HMA family.
• Architecture license or working toward licensure through IDP. HMA can help you through the process and will offset licensure costs and expenses once licensed. We have gone through it and will be advocates to your success.
• Experience in multiple construction types & techniques, such as precast, wood framing and steel is preferred. We work on a wide range of construction types depending on the warranted solutions.
• Good understanding of the current building code and accessibility guidelines. Also Knowing your way around a zoning ordinance is helpful.
• Active in the community (volunteering and/or public relations) a plus. We like to give back where we can and want our team makeup to reflect a caring and generous attitude.
Benefits include: paid vacation and holidays, Simple IRA investment plan, pre-tax flexible spending, health savings account (HSA) and dental coverage
Competitive salary based on skill and experience
Future HMA team members should email a letter of interest and resume to:
T.email@example.com. Or if you are in the neighborhood, stop by and say hello.
Please visit our web site for a preview of some of the exciting projects we are working on
www.hma-archs.com Tim Gillet, AIA President