Project Architect / Project Manager (multiple positions available)
Posted Wednesday, May 8
Elness Swenson Graham Architects (ESG)
Elness Swenson Graham Architects (ESG) is an award-winning design firm with a national practice in urban residential, hospitality, workplace environments, higher education, branding and graphic design. Since the company’s founding over three decades ago, ESG has helped clients create environments for community, business, and leisure by providing holistic, creative solutions to complex problems. The company’s mission is to enrich the built environment beyond architecture and buildings; to deliver the superior, the timeless, the memorable and the unique; and to design environments that capture the human spirit and uplift our lives.
ESG currently has an opening for a Project Architect/Project Manager with a minimum of eight years of professional experience, competent in the detailing and technical documentation of project design, coordination of building systems with consultants, confirmation of conformance with all applicable codes and interface with municipal building departments and other governing agencies to coordinate approvals.
• Develop design, construction documents and specifications for projects
• Interpret design concepts and translate them into workable construction systems; evaluate alternatives to develop cost effective solutions; maintain quality technical and design control
• Develop construction details and research architectural materials and systems
• Deliver complete, accurate and coordinated project documentation
• Work independently or with design team to complete projects with fast-paced schedules
• Coordinate with Clients and Consultants and oversee accurate and timely completion of construction documents
• Research and coordinate materials and products for project specifications
• Implement all local, state and federal applicable building codes, constructability and architectural standards of practice
• Conduct site observations and prepare site inventory documentation
• Participate in all aspects of construction administration related activities (in office and on site)
• Lead/Mentor production staff
• Bachelors or Masters Degree in architecture and professional license
• 8+ years of Project Architect experience within the architecture and construction field
• Strong understanding and knowledge of building codes, zoning regulations, building construction, building systems and site requirements
• Ability to provide efficient and elegant design solutions
• High level of conceptual creativity, innovative thinking and problem solving
• Strong graphical and presentation skills
• Excellent communication skills and ability to have a solid working relationship with clients
If you meet the minimum qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply with your cover letter, resume and project samples.