Posted Thursday, October 1
PROJECT MANAGER (5-7 YEARS OF RESIDENTIAL AND HOSPITALITY EXPERIENCE)
Workshop/APD is an award-winning multidisciplinary design and architecture firm. From sleek penthouses and seaside retreats to luxury residential developments and groundbreaking hotels and restaurants, our projects are uniquely defined by a sense of place and purpose and a desire to ultimately enhance the user’s experience through exceptional design. Our aesthetic is timelessly modern but site-specific, unbound by project type or a singular style. Our diverse and collaborative team of architects, interior designers and product designers leverage their vast and highly varied experiences to solve complex design challenges, resulting in spaces that are exceptionally beautiful and accessible.
We are currently seeking a full-time Project Manager with 5-7 years of previous experience to join our growing team in Minneapolis. This position will lead projects, report to the studio leadership, and manage intermediate and junior designers. Candidates should have high level modelling and rendering skills and must know Revit. The ideal candidate will have thorough architectural training, although he/she does not need to be licensed.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
• Managing high end residential projects (single and multi-family) and other design projects
• Understanding clients’ needs and the needs of the people using the building, developing design concepts in consultation with the client and establishing final briefs
• Developing and managing all phases of the design/documentation process
• Producing client presentations
• Developing, modeling, and rendering design concepts
• Mentor and train junior project team members
• Professional Degree (B. Arch or M. Arch)
• Minimum of 5 years’ architectural design experience (should be able to showcase finished/built work)
• Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD and all Adobe programs
• 3D Modeling and Renderings skills
• Talented, self-motivated designer/manager with excellent team skills
Due to the current economic environment, this position will be on a contractor basis with the potential to become full time. Salary is commensurate with experience. Full time benefits include medical, vision, profit sharing 401(k) plan, short- and long-term disability, commuter benefits, IDP mentorship and AXP reimbursement, discretionary bonus, and personal time off (vacation, sick, holidays, and personal days).
Please send your resume and work samples/portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without work samples/portfolio are not eligible for further consideration. Please no phone calls and/or office visits.