Quality Control Architect/Spec Writer
Posted Tuesday, January 24
We have a full-time opening for a Quality Control Architect/Specification Writer
with 25+ years of experience in our Minneapolis office.
– Act as a risk management resource by auditing drawings and project specifications, ensuring compliance with various requirements set forth by Shea and other authorities having jurisdiction.
– Provide quality management reviews and technical guidance throughout all project phases, including review and redlining of construction documents, general RFI support, shop drawings, change orders, etc., verifying consistency, quality, and timeliness throughout.
– Serve as a resource to entry to mid-level staff during the preparation of technical drawings.
– Provide continual development and improvement of Shea Master Specifications including its specialized content for project type or regional conditions as well as sustainable content and may conduct internal specification training.
– Provide code analysis (municipal, state, IBC and ADA) and maintain up to date knowledge of evolving codes.
– Assist project managers with review and coordination of project agreements relative to professional service and general condition issues.
– Support project architects and project designers with material and system constructability analysis.
– Coordinate and review consultant technical specifications for conformance with Shea standards.
– Participate in developing and improving Shea document standards and best practice procedures.
– Meet with municipal building department and other governing agency officials to coordinate approvals or variances.
– Strong knowledge of architectural design, engineering coordination, design trends, products, construction methodology, material application, and manufacturer-supplier appropriateness.
– Strong knowledge of construction procedures and schedules.
– Advanced knowledge of QA/QC process
– Strong knowledge of building envelope components, interior plans and material requirements of all building and facility types.
– Advanced knowledge of architectural building systems.
– Advanced knowledge of building codes and ability to research and apply/incorporate into technical documents.
– Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
– Ability to produce a well-coordinated, detail-oriented, fully integrated Project Manual.
– Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and produce results within deadlines.