Residential Architectural Project Manager
Posted Saturday, August 31
David Heide Design
David Heide Design Studio is a full-service architecture, interior design, and historic restoration firm. Our talented team collaboratively designs beautiful new homes, additions, and remodels that blend elements of timeless residential architecture with amenities for modern living.
We are seeking a full-time project manager in our architecture department. The ideal candidate is highly-collaborative, motivated, organized, adaptive in a faced-paced environment, professional, articulate, courteous, and creative.
– Assume lead role in managing a project and working directly with clients from initial documentation through construction administration.
– Work with principle on the production of schematic designs and contract documents using studio standards and best practices
– Interact with clients, vendors, construction professionals and design consultants
– Lead client meetings and design presentations.
– Create and develop designs, including 3D sketch up drawings, hand-drawn sketches and CAD drawings.
– Conduct product research.
– Coordinate schedule and balancing of workload, track budgets, and manage production.
– Delegate drafting duties to Design Associates as appropriate. Draft construction details.
– Develop structural and technical aspects of designs, as well as finish schedules, window and door schedules, and related components. Work with structural engineer as needed.
– General office work and other tasks and duties as necessary.
– Desire to work professionally in residential architecture
– 8 years’ professional experience with at least 1-3 years’ project management experience, preferably in the residential field
– Bachelor’s or Master’s in Architecture
– Proficiency in AutoCAD 2016, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator, Sketchup and Microsoft Office Suite
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– The desire to work in a collaborative environment and the ability to take direction and work independently.
– The ability to stand for several hours at a time (site documentation), and the ability to occasionally lift and move furniture and carpets, etc. is desired but not mandatory.