Posted Tuesday, February 2
Would you enjoy drafting high-end homes? New opportunity available for a Residential Drafter!
We are hiring a Residential Drafter for new construction, high-end residential projects. Join a 40-year-old residential design firm that is the recipient of many design and construction awards.
To start, the Residential Drafter be involved with design and production of single-family residential projects. You will also be mentored to run smaller custom home projects. Growth into a Project Manager role is available.
In addition to single-family homes, you will also gain experience with multifamily housing and light commercial project types.
What You Will Do:
• Utilize AutoCAD to create drawings for all project phases including construction documents
• Advance existing designs from Senior Designers, and ultimately create unique designs of your own
• Gain exposure to project management by receiving mentoring to run smaller projects
What the Residential Drafter Position Offers You:
• A fulltime position with flexible hours
• Work with custom home designs where every home is different
• The ability to work on all phases of single family and multifamily residential projects
• Mentoring provided from awarded and very experienced home designers
• Learn all aspects of residential design and construction through training and coaching for your personal professional development
• 2-10 years of professional architecture residential drafting experience with a company
• Associates degree in architectural drafting, bachelor’s degree in architecture, or similar
• Proficiency with AutoCAD software required
• A strong understanding of design development and construction documents
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Excellent communication skills and a progressive work history
For consideration please email your resume and/or portfolio to:
All applications are handled with strict confidence. AEC Resources is the leader in architecture career advancement in the Twin Cities. With an expansive collection of unpublished job opportunities, free technical training and certification programs, resume writing services, industry mentoring, and a focus of connecting you with the region’s most sought after design firms, AEC Resources is committed to advancing your career in architecture.
More information can be found at www.AECresources.com