Retail / Experiential Designer
Posted Monday, March 18
WORKSHOP, a creative agency designing experiences in culture and technology in the Minneapolis Arts + Tech District, seeks a full-time Retail / Experience Designer. Help us bring consumer brands into the real world through the fusion of smart 3D design and vibrant culture making for environments. Our expertise ranges from creating pop-up shops and retail spaces to designing the human and digital interactions that fill them.
Our Retail / Experience Designer will be passionate and inspired to develop innovative ideas and 3D renderings for international markets. This talented go-getter will assist in the creation of retail designs from single fixtures to complex displays and full-scale exhibits — whether for existing brands or from scratch. The top candidate will have at least a few of these assignments or 3D modeling concepts in their portfolio…
– Experiential & environmental design
– Fixture design
– Pop-up shops
– Applied technology
– You offer a fresh perspective, creative drive, and keen awareness of and interest in experiential design — we’ll help you grow your retail chops.
– Your portfolio reflects your innate design sense and how you look beyond the assignment or client ask to solve the problem.
– Some agency experience or major retailer background is a plus.
– You’re interested in designing fixtures and illustrating physical environments, and open to tackling other forms of design, including print, websites, and emerging technologies.
– You are as comfortable with team collaboration as explaining your design solutions in client presentations.
– You are a 3D artist that has experience (and interest) in 3D rendering, virtual reality, animation, and motion graphics.
– Attention to detail in aesthetic composition and technical implementation is your modus operandi.
– An ability to work under tight deadlines, manage multiple tasks, and quickly learn how to produce design ideas describes you to a T.
– Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or equivalent, and 1- 5 years of experience. Wickedly talented emerging designers are encouraged to apply!
– Mastery of relevant graphic design and 3D modeling software — Adobe CS (a must) including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator; Maya; 3D Studio Max; Rhino; Maxwell; and Unity, to name a few.
– Able to travel approximately one night per month for client presentations.
– Ability to work independently and remotely to meet deadlines.
About the Company
WORKSHOP is a team of adventurous creators with incomparable experience working alongside some of the most extraordinary organizations, activating their brands around the globe. We are a world-class innovation experience hub where curious people connect through technology, culture, arts, entertainment, and conversation. While we began in 2016, we bring decades of diverse experience across a collection of designers, strategists, culture-makers, and the people who make it all happen. Our renovated building in the heart of Northeast Minneapolis features a front patio, plenty of natural light. Let’s explore the possibilities together.
How to Apply
Submit a PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes your resume and a letter indicating your interest, applicable experience, and portfolio link. Please mention your salary expectation separately in the email message. Provide 3-5 visual examples or case studies that specifically demonstrate fixture design, product design, and/or retail design.
Heather S Olson