Posted Thursday, November 14
Hiring – November 2019- St. Paul, MN
NewStudio Architecture is a multi-disciplinary design firm that focuses on specialty retail, corporate and high-end residential projects throughout North America. We have exciting new opportunities in our growing St Paul, MN office and are seeking highly motivated, detail-orientated, organized candidates who have excellent verbal and written skills. More info about us at www.newstudioarchitecture.com.
Benefits of Working at NewStudio Architecture:
• Fun, relaxed environment
• Competitive salary
• 100% employer-paid medical, dental, life, std and ltd insurance
• HSA accounts
• Retirement and profit-sharing plans
• Great work/life balance
• Flexible hours/schedule with generous PTO
• Employer-paid professional development
We are currently seeking creative, ambitious architects, with refined design aesthetics, who are passionate about architecture and who thrive when working in teams and partnerships.
At NewStudio, our architects are involved in every aspect of their projects, and work on multiple projects, collaborating at all levels, and working closely with senior staff. Successful candidates will manage multiple aspects of client, team and project coordination including full coordination with structural, MEP, lighting, AV, landscape and civil consultants. They will develop design concepts and provide design ideas and direction to their teams. Successful candidates will thrive in a fast-paced, team-driven culture and possess the flexibility and poise to focus on one or more clients with a variety of project types in various stages of development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manage client relationships, project team communication, project consultants, as well as building and permitting officials, coordinating across multiple disciplines and across project phases, to achieve the highest level of project execution.
2. Architectural design, development and construction documentation through all phases of complex retail, corporate, high-end residential, commercial and other projects.
3. Maintain, organize and archive all project documentation, manuals and specifications.
4. May lead quality control activities, including, reviewing drawings, documents and submittals for compliance.
5. Develop and manage project schedules (internal and external), achieve project deadlines and execute projects on time and within budget.
6. Responsible for construction administration including processing submittals, RFIs and substitution requests during construction.
7. Travel, as needed.
Preferred candidates will have:
• Professional degree in architecture, Masters of Architecture, preferred
• 5-15 years of post-graduate experience, experience in specialty retail, restaurant and/or commercial development preferred
• Familiarity with building technology, and building envelope design and detailing
• Strong design, technical, and graphic skills–including, demonstrated Revit/Rhino/SketchUp proficiency in construction document production
• Interest in working in all stages of design
• Extensive experience producing and coordinating drawings sets, in all phases
• Experience in construction administration
• Experience leading teams and producing schedules
• Exceptional teamwork, organizational, and communication skills
How to Apply
If interested, please email your cover letter, resume, and samples of relevant experience, both graphic and technical, to email@example.com .
Mark or Melissa