Senior Construction Administrator
Posted Wednesday, October 6
BKV Group seeks a talented Senior Construction Administrator with 15+ years related experience to join our team. Experience with architectural, mechanical, electrical, structural, and interior design disciplines as well as problem resolution are critical elements of this position.
This position requires the firsthand knowledge of most trade skills, a working knowledge of the construction industry and the construction process, a familiarity of the building codes, and a high degree of self-confidence and both oral and written communication skills.
• Works with the Partners, Project Managers and Discipline Leads and is the liaison between client, contractor, and the design team during the construction administration phase.
• Maintains and promotes positive working relationships with staff, managers, contractors, and clients.
• Coordinates their site visits and the timely field visits of other disciplines. Observes the Work in progress and issues reports to the Client, Contractor and Project Team to identify general progress, contract schedule compliance or construction document deviations.
• Responsible for Construction Administration process or developmental focus lead e.g., Project consistencies, close-out procedures, technology, QA/QC procedures.
• Seeks opportunities for continuing education for the enhancement of building science. Maintains extensive product knowledge and technical focus.
• Provide ongoing assistance to BKV staff regarding construction administration “Insights.”
• Presents monthly staff seminars on Field “Insights” and building science.
• Maintains accurate records and participates in all standard administrative procedures and policies within Owner/Architect contract.
• Four years’ college or university degree; or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. A solid “hands on” construction background is preferable to a classroom degree.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret construction business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, codes, governmental regulations, plans, details, and specifications.
Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to evaluate a situation accurately and be willing to act decisively in the best interest of the Firm, the Project, and the Client.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
With excellent benefits, competitive salaries and constant opportunities for growth, BKV Group gives you the tools to achieve your goals. If you have an interest in working with a diverse group of talented architects and designers, creating exciting environments, enjoy collaboration and challenges, we’d like to talk with you. Please submit your resume. Please indicate your name, desired position and location in e-mail subject line.