Senior Healthcare Project Architect
Posted Monday, October 4
You know so much about healthcare delivery that your friends call you Doc. Where others draw the Parthenon, your sketchbook is filled with O.R. suites and maternity wards. You crush deadlines, and you’re such a great multi-tasker that you’re reading this while tuning up your motorcycle.
You want to continue to transform the healthcare industry and work with some of the most creative, fun, and progressive people in our industry. Guess what? We have the job for you.
JLG Architects is seeking a Senior Healthcare Project Architect.
A JLG Senior Healthcare Project Architect:
– Is driven to continuously improve the healthcare environment… A JLG Senior Healthcare Architect knows healthcare and medical architecture like the dorsal of their metacarpal. They are knowledgeable about healthcare trends including creating healing environments, optimizing clinical workflows, and elevating the patient and guest experience with an understanding of recruiting and retention of clinical staff, infection control, technology, lighting, A/V, and food service.
– …Both on- and off-stage.
A JLG Senior Healthcare Architect works to build healthier, more efficient, and more effective healthcare delivery systems that benefit both patients and providers.
– Designs, Educates, Leads. A JLG Senior Healthcare Architect serves as the program and design specialist for all JLG medical work and safeguards the brand by providing oversight for work completed by the JLGmed studio. They have a passion for mentorship and helping train the next generation of healthcare designers.
A few more attributes of a future JLGer:
– You need to be an experienced healthcare architect. You need at least 8 years of post-graduate experience in leading and executing the planning, design, documentation, and construction of healthcare projects. Your experience includes clinic, imaging, procedural, surgical, nursing unit, ambulatory, and acute care environments. Ideally you have experience with campus and health system master planning.
You are proficient in Revit, building technology, and familiar with code and life safety issues inherent in healthcare projects.
– The acronyms NFPA, FGI, and EDAC mean something to you. You have exposure to process improvement activities and productivity systems such as LEED AP or WELL AP. You can think outside the box and have a passion to design creative and innovative solutions to complex problems. EDAC certification is beneficial.
– You know what it means to be a leader. Your “can-do” outlook, strong communication skills, and willingness to do what it takes garners the respect and confidence of peers and project teams.
You’re experienced and comfortable leading a team of specialty consultants, vendors, and other healthcare entities along with mid-to-large size teams to produce fully coordinated sets of drawings.
Ready to apply? Visit www.jlgarchitects.com/careers and suit up for the first day of the best career of your life.
On a 20-below day in 1989, Gary Johnson and Lonnie Laffen opened the doors to JLG Architects with little more than a stack of bumwad and a burning desire to truly make a difference through great design (and probably a space heater, because brr).
Thirty-two years later, we are one of the country’s 50 Most Admired Companies (MSN Money), 50 Best Places to Work (Inc. Magazine), and Architecture Giants (Building Design+Construction). That two-person firm may have grown to 150 professionals in 11 offices, but our driving force remains the same.
Every day at JLG is a new day for creating, inspiring, and solving challenges.
The team – from our Intern Designers to our Construction Administrator and Marketing staff – are the heart and brains of the process, and we work closely, because together, we find the inspiration to go further. We live and work with passion; never stopping at “good enough” when it comes to our own expertise and aptitude. We are innovative, creative, and resilient in seeking out new ways to actively participate in the experience of being a JLGer.
In fact, our JLGers are so important, that we became a 100% Employee-Owned ESOP in 2014—because the best place to grow your career is at a business of your own design. Within the structure of an ESOP, in-house competition is eliminated, and unified collaboration reigns – encouraging all to equally succeed. We start with a competitive salary and fantastic benefits, plant your roots with employee ownership, and keep the doors wide open for endless advancement possibilities.
If you are someone who wants more from you career, and the support to soar, you’re someone we want to meet.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”