Senior Interior Designer
Posted Monday, December 30
Shea, Inc. is a nationally recognized design firm that creates solutions through a seamless blend of architecture, interior design, and branding/marketing communications. Shea is a leader in providing creative, strategic, and business-based solutions for clients in the areas of retail, restaurant/hospitality, financial institutions, and workplace. Our award-winning work provides real business results for clients and has built our reputation for smart creativity.
Shea, Inc. has an immediate need for a hospitality-focused Interior Designer. The Senior Interior Designer takes overall responsibility for design quality of their project(s). This person possesses the ability and takes responsibility for conceptualization of the project as a whole and sets the initial design direction for the project along with the Design Director. They also make critical aesthetic decisions throughout the project, integrating input from the client and/or operator.
The ideal candidate is highly motivated, thrives in a collaborative environment, and has excellent time-management skills to balance several project deliverables and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Reviews and understands, with professional proficiency, detailed construction documents including floor plans, elevations and sections, electrical details, finish schedules, furniture floor plans, FF&E specifications, finish boards, materials and finishes. Possesses ability to determine compliance in quality, design, and codes. Leads team to complete such documents.
• Oversees completion of FF&E design and documentation based on project criteria, budget, program, and standards.
• Oversees FF&E specification throughout process, review and approval of FF&E purchase orders (if necessary), and maintains budget for FF&E.
• Senior Designer is responsible for full review of FF&E specifications before they are issued to the client and/or operator.
• If there is no Project Architect on the project, Senior Designer is responsible for review of project documents and accuracy prior to issuance to Client and/or operator.
• Oversees design team in review of furniture-installation plans and shop drawings for content and accuracy, ensuring that they are fully coordinated with all pertinent consultant drawings. Responsible for final approval of FF&E shop drawings.
• Interface with the client, operator and consultants regarding design issues, lead presentations, and further coordinate. Responsible for communicating with owner, consultants and operator in a timely manner.
• Responsible for communicating, in a complete and timely manner, all client comments or directives and ensure that they are reflected in the design and documentation.
• Communicates directly Design Director regarding client directives and major design issues, and prompts/ leads internal design reviews during the design process prior to presentation to the client.
• Attends and/or directs on-site meetings with owner, consultants and contractor inclusive of construction review and FF&E installation, as necessary.
• Prepares/coordinates with Project Manager on accurate timelines, task lists, and project schedules.
• Identify additional service opportunities and present them to the PM.
• Help establish staffing and project plan needs and coordinate with the PM.
• Maintains relationships with existing clients and nurtures potential clients.
• Has a thorough understanding of hotel brands.
• Has mastered a working knowledge of brand standards and a proven ability to execute them.
• Has mastered the written specification process for FF&E.
• Mentors junior staff.
• Bachelor’s Degree – from a 4-year CIDA-accredited Interior Design program or equivalent
• Minimum of 8 to 15 years of hospitality design experience
o MS Office Proficient
o Photoshop Proficient
o Auto CAD- Proficiency Preferred
o Revit- Proficiency Preferred and/ or basic knowledge
o In Design and/ or Illustrator- Basic Knowledge
o Sketch Up- Basic Knowledge
• Possesses interpersonal, verbal, written, and graphic communication skills
• The ability to balance several project deliverables and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Strong design sensibilities
• Excellent organization and time-management skills
• Outstanding visual and verbal presentation skills
• Experience in writing FF&E specifications and the FF&E matrices
• FF&E budgeting
• Possesses knowledge of building codes and the ADA
• Ability to develop FF&E schemes
• Space planning
• Ability to problem solve
• Ability to work with Architect and have a thorough understanding of architectural interior design
• Detail-oriented and ability to multi-task
• Ability to lead junior designers and/ or design interns including task planning
How to Apply
If you love our work at Spoon & Stable, Moxy Hotel, Fifth Street Towers, or Centro and would like to join a dynamic, energized, innovative and collaborative environment, where your ideas will be heard and your skills challenged, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls/agency calls, please. Shea is an Equal Opportunity Employer.