Senior Project Architect with Significant Experience in Multi-family Housing
Posted Wednesday, February 2
Design by Melo
Design by Melo is an architectural, urban design and community development services provider specializing in residential and commercial architecture in the Twin Cities.
Design by Melo was founded in the belief that the built environment needs to do more than address the functional needs of proposed spaces – the built environment must also speak to the values of global engagement, cultural competency, inclusion, sustainability and human performance.
Design by Melo is composed of professionals with engaging personalities, multicultural and global backgrounds.
Our team is approachable and nurtures an interactive and authentic relationship with each other, clients and communities to create aesthetically pleasing and economically feasible design solutions that remain relevant as demographics and economics shift.
In the role of Senior Project Architect with Significant Experience in Multi-family Housing, Design by Melo will rely on you to:
• Lead a multidiscipline team and perform layout and detailing on architectural projects.
• Independently coordinate work of a multidiscipline team through multiple phases of a project.
• Establish owner/client and internal meetings and participate in reviews with various governing agencies for code compliance.
• Conduct work sessions with internal team and other disciplines.
• Coordinate workload of team members through multiple phases to complete documents on schedule.
• Review architectural documents for areas of conflict with all disciplines.
• Perform QA/QC and technical reviews.
• Review & redline architectural specifications
• Coordinate with and assist affected disciplines with addenda, RFIs, ASIs and change orders.
• Incorporate agreed-upon changes into project documents
• Lead projects in a dual management role as needed.
• Provide construction contract administration as needed
• Provide mentorship and technical guidance to less senior staff
• Bachelor’s degree in Architecture with 10+ years’ experience, with a reasonable amount of these years being in Multi-family Housing projects.
• Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Project Schedule).
• Excellent written and communication skills.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Very familiar with and proficient in Revit and familiarity with related tools and process.
• Demonstrated graphic presentation skills.
• Must have experience in preparation and layout of architectural contract documents and specifications
• Strong knowledge of codes and other applicable guidelines
Technical planning skills
• An attitude and commitment to being an active participant and a positive influence is the team is a must.
What we Offer
As a young but strong firm, Design by Melo offers a great opportunity for professional growth including the opportunity to join the firm at a partnership level. We are collaborators that count on each other’s strength to achieve effectiveness and to create a work environment that is nurturing to our team.
Compensation and Benefits
• Annual Salary of $105,000 + bonus (bonus will depend of firm reaching its financials’ goals)
• Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance (DbM covers 70% of the premiuns)
• Short Term Disability Insurance
• 401K with a 2% match after 6 months of employment
• 9 paid holidays
• 2 weeks of paid vacation
• Flexible working hours with core hours being 10-4
• Remote work is optional.
If you believe you are a good match for this position, please email Damaris Hollingsworth
Damaris P Hollingsworth