Senior Project Manager
Posted Friday, July 26
Perkins and Will
At Perkins+Will, we believe that design has the power to transform lives and enhance communities, creating healthy, sustainable places in which to live, learn, work, and explore. Join the brightest minds in design.
We are seeking a Senior Project Manager responsible for client account management. Ideally, this person would work in either of the following Perkins+Will’s offices: San Francisco or Minneapolis.
Has a background in corporate interiors and workplace design.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
Is skilled at working with national and global clients as an account operations leader, organizing teams and projects. You will regularly interface with accounting, lead project performance for all contracts, develop major project milestones, resolve key staffing issues, track project vision planning and client invoicing.
Demonstrates a personality that is professional, positive, high-energy and emotionally intelligent. Fun and hardworking, with an ability to co-coordinate with project teams including project managers, project designers and clients across national locations. Meticulous attention to detail ensuring all projects are functioning smoothly, teams are engaged and client satisfaction is high.
PRIMARY Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Working with project managers across the firm to support and develop project scopes of Work [SOW] and fee proposals consistent with Master Service Agreements, while defining any deviations from standard SOW terms.
• Reviewing all project financial performance including consultant performance, reimbursable expenses, and corporate taxes with project manager and accounting department(s).
• Working with project managers to ensure vision planning, and team expectations for projects aligns with client expectations, financial expectations, staff requirements, major milestones and expected scope of work deliverable including workplace strategy, pre and post occupancy, change management, branding design.
SECONDARY Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Point of contact for all financial and contractual correspondence between Perkins+Will and client, including invoicing and backups, working with Perkins+Will accounting department to ensure billings are timely.
• Coordinating amongst project teams ensuring consistency and client satisfaction across all projects.
• Direct project management of select account projects.
• Organizing, leading and conducting regular check-in meetings with internal and client teams
• A professional degree in Architecture, Interior Design or related discipline
• 10+ years of relatable experience
• Revit strongly preferred
• Ability to direct and coordinate efforts of junior staff
• Experience in all phases and aspects of a project
• Familiarity with building codes, specifications, building and engineering systems
• Solid experience and understanding in working with contracts and legal
agreements as it relates to our industry and corporate interiors.
• Understanding of project management process
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• LEED AP or within 6 months of hire
• Licensure required
Qualified and interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and work samples
At Perkins+Will we believe that inclusion spurs creativity, and that innovation is born from an engaged culture of diverse people + ideas. By moving beyond barriers and stereotypes of gender, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, medical condition, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status; we are committed to building an organization that reflects the diversity of the communities and clients we serve.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Perkins+Will is an equal opportunity employer and supports talent from diverse backgrounds that bring experiences, viewpoints and solutions that best serve our clients, community and enrich our work environment. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and active duty wartime, campaign badge veterans or Armed Forces service medal veterans are encouraged to apply. EOE/M/F/V/D
Perkins+Will is an interdisciplinary, research-based architecture and design firm established in 1935. We are all about creative collaboration with a design focus. We believe that great design has the power to transform lives and enhance communities. We are socially conscious and entrepreneurial, always striving for the best solution with the least impact on our communities. We are a learning organization, pushing for research based design and investing deeply in the professional development of our staff. We are architects, interior designers, urban designers, landscape architects, consultants, and branded environment experts who approach design from all scales and perspectives. With hundreds of award-winning projects annually, Perkins+Will is ranked as one of the top global design firms. To learn more, visit www.perkinswill.com