Senior Specification Writer
Posted Friday, April 26
Elness Swenson Graham Architects (ESG)
Elness Swenson Graham Architects (ESG) is an award-winning design firm with a national practice in urban residential, hospitality, workplace environments, higher education, branding and graphic design. Since the company’s founding over three decades ago, ESG has helped clients create environments for community, business, and leisure by providing holistic, creative solutions to complex problems. The company’s mission is to enrich the built environment beyond architecture and buildings; to deliver the superior, the timeless, the memorable and the unique; and to design environments that capture the human spirit and uplift our lives.
ESG currently has an opening for a talented Specification Writer. This position requires a specification writer to provide support for the discipline of architecture and coordination support with civil engineering, structural engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering and plumbing. Position includes preparation of specifications in coordination with project managers and maintenance of the architectural specific master specifications. Also includes a quality control and quality assurance role to review building plans for design standards, code compliance with state regulations and local ordinances.
– Prepare project specifications
– Develop three-part specifications from narrative, as the project develops
– Work with project teams and review plans to prepare specifications
– Review specifications against drawings for completeness
– Assist project teams in resolving problems related to the use and installation of building materials and products that arise during design and construction
– Attain a broad knowledge of building codes, structures, basic construction law and materials standards to others. Stay current on product development, new materials, and industry trends
– Maintain and update office master specifications
– Assist with quality control and quality assurance processes
– Review building plans for design standards, code compliance, state regulations, and local ordinances
– Identify inadequacies or plan defects in multi-family home projects
– Perform simple calculations for the sizing of building structural members
– Responsible for writing, analyzing plans and diagrams to determine material and material processing specifications
– Use SpecLink and conform to ESG standards
– May be asked to use Revit and related software.
If you meet the minimum qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply with your resume and cover letter.