Senior Sports Project Architect
Posted Friday, November 12
JLG Architects is seeking a Senior Sports Project Architect.
– Loves sports… A JLG Sports Project Architect knows what it takes to build collegiate and professional sports facilities for all types of sports, including football, basketball, baseball, hockey, soccer, indoor and outdoor athletic activities – and how to take those spaces to the next level. You have completed and built collegiate and professional athletic projects. You are knowledgeable on sports trends involving hospitality, seating configurations, fan experience, contemporary construction techniques, sports technologies, and the business of sports.
– …Both on and off the field.
A JLG Sports Project Architect is as knowledgeable of the fan experience as they are on owners and operators’ needs and requirements regarding sightlines, assembly spaces, unique code requirements, ADA requirements, A/V, food service, and more.
– Is a team leader and client champion. A JLG Senior Sports Project Architect will lead the sports studio to mentor and grow the studio team’s technical knowledge; to coordinate specialty consultants, vendors, and other athletic entities; and to gain the unequivocal trust of our clients.
If this sounds familiar, here are a few more qualities of a future JLGer:
– You are experienced in sports architecture. You are a registered architect with a minimum of 8 to10 years of experience in planning regulations, design, documentation, building codes, zoning, and construction administration of collegiate and professional sports, public recreation, and wellness projects. You are experienced with building budgeting, cost shaping, and financial responsibility. You are proficient in Revit, BIM, and other building technologies. If your resume includes experience on LEED sports building and award-winning or large-scale athletic projects, that’s a plus.
– You have a great attitude. You have excellent verbal, graphic, and written communication skills. You are highly analytical. You are willing to relocate to the Minneapolis area, and to travel outside the Midwest for projects. You can lead mid-to-large size teams to produce fully coordinated sets of drawings; can oversee the final construction of sports facilities; can mentor a team to do so; and can be led, according to the needs of the project team.
– You are ready to apply.
Visit https://jlgarchitects.com/careers and suit up for the first day of the rest of your life. **Must apply on our website to be considered for this position.**