Senior Staff Accountant
Posted Wednesday, December 9
With more than 80 years in business and 16 offices (and growing!), Ryan offers comprehensive commercial real estate solutions to customers across the US. We bring a collaborative, relationship-driven approach to delivering spaces where people thrive and businesses succeed. Join a company with an outstanding culture and competitive benefits. At Ryan, we don’t just build buildings – we build stories.
Ryan Companies is looking for a Senior Staff Accountant who is organized, innovative, collaborative and forward-thinking and who aims for the highest standards of excellence. The ideal candidate will be able to provide financial expertise to the professional services accounting process with a clear understanding of Ryan’s processes and procedures and ensuring the integrity of financial outputs. Candidates with approximately 5-7 years of experience are most likely to be successful, however those with unique career experience or who display clear potential for the role will be considered.
Some things you can expect to do:
• Support Director of Finance in overseeing and coordinating the full department-wide range of financial operations while integrating with Ryan corporate financial systems
• Execute strategies and standards related to accounting policy, financial reporting, general ledger maintenance, budgeting, and financial systems and controls.
• Act as a main resource for training on accounting/financial management processes
• Work closely with leadership and staff in identifying areas of improvement for project and department financials.
• Administer and train staff on timesheet submission, review and approval process.
• Project / Sector responsibility, performs accounting activities in partnership with Director of Finance, A+E Directors and Design Project Managers.
• Ensure accuracy of financial data in project setup and contract management.
• Actively work with directors and staff to interpret and administer contract schedules, fees and performance.
• Manage and ensure accuracy of revenue billing/invoicing process.
• Manage and ensure accuracy of consultant invoice approval and payment process
• Create, publish and present accurate department managerial reports, as well as project financial reports, on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
• Conducts thorough project analysis for revenue recognition, revenue projections and other reporting purposes.
You will really stand out if you:
• Provide clear communication to appropriate leader(s) regarding project revenue and expense variances.
• Perform tasks with a high level of collaboration and sets an example for others to follow.
• Contribute to Ryan culture through participation in office activities, initiatives and learning programs.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, and/or business-related field
Advanced understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
Relevant professional work experience
Excellent organizational skills,
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Strong understanding of development, construction and design process preferred
Advanced knowledge of Excel, Procore, Deltek Vision (or other professional services ERP) and other project accounting software
Proven ability to collaborate with a diverse team.
Positions require verification of employment eligibility to work in the U.S.
Must be Authorized to Work in the US
Ryan Companies does not sponsor foreign workers for nonimmigrant visas or employment-based green cards unless the position is on our executive leadership team.
To apply, please visit: https://careers.ryancompanies.com
Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
Retirement and Savings Benefits
Flexible Spending Accounts
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Ryan Foundation – charitable matching funds
Paid Time for Volunteer Events
Ryan is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Ryan does not accept recruiting agency solicitations.