Sports Planner / Landscape Architect
Posted Wednesday, February 27
When it comes to improving the sports landscape, it’s game on. And when it comes to improving the physical landscape, you’re the boots on the ground. You crush deadlines, and you’re such a great multi-tasker that you’re reading this while tuning up your motorcycle.
You want to change the sports landscape and work with some of the most creative, fun and progressive people in our industry, and eat chocolate-covered potato chips. Guess what? We have the job for you.
JLG Architects is seeking a Sports Planner/Landscape Architect. Not just any professional, mind you. A JLG Sports Planner/Landscape Architect:
– Lives sports. A JLG Sports Planner/Landscape Architect doesn’t just know game rules and governing body regulations, he/she deep-dives into field surfacing and facility maintenance needs. A JLG Sports Planner/Landscape Architect develops master plans that thoroughly expand the competitive atmosphere and sense of play for every sport and every fan.
– Lives landscape design. A JLG Sports Planner/Landscape Architect advances everything related to LA – site design, planting principals, the works – and collaborates closely with civil engineers and outside landscape architects to add value.
– Is a team champion. A JLG Sports Planner/Landscape Architect supports the Project Manager, Practice Studio Leaders, and Marketing Staff to deliver, deliver, deliver.
A few more attributes of a future JLGer:
– You have 5 years of professional experience in sports work. Your portfolio must contain a significant number of athletic facilities and academic projects, and have built work across all competition levels including municipal, high school, and college.
– You are a Registered Landscape Architect. You also have a degree in Landscape Architecture, and experience with municipal parks.
– You have a great attitude. You have excellent verbal, graphic, and written communication skills. You are proficient in AutoCAD, Photoshop, Sketchup, and Land F/X. If you have a membership with the American Sports Builders Association and/or ASLA, even better.
– You are ready to apply. Visit www.jlgarchitects.com/careers and suit up for the first day of the rest of your life.
On a 20-below January day in 1989, Gary Johnson and Lonnie Laffen opened the doors to JLG Architects with little more than a stack of bumwad and a burning desire to truly make a difference through great design (and probably a space heater, because brr).
Thirty years later, we are one of the country’s 50 Most Admired Companies (MSN Money), 50 Best Places to Work (Inc. Magazine), and Architecture Giants (Building Design+Construction). That two-person firm may have grown to 120 professionals in 13 offices, but our driving force remains the same.
Every day at JLG is a new day for creating, inspiring and solving challenges. Everyone – from our Intern Designers to our Construction Administrator to our Marketing staff – is the heart and brains of the process, and we work closely together because we are inspired by one another. We live and work with passion; we never stop at “good enough” when it comes to our own expertise and aptitude, and are innovative and resilient in seeking out new ways to actively participate in the experience of being a JLGer.
In fact, our JLGers are so important that we became a 100% Employee-Owned ESOP in 2014 because the best place to grow your career is at a business of your own design. So, if you are someone with fire in your belly and fun up your sleeve, you’re someone we want to meet.
Beyond a love for award-winning architecture and chocolate-covered potato chips (not required), here is what makes a JLGer:
DESIGN. We are passionate, resourceful problem-solvers who inspire and innovate through creative solutions that elevate our clients and communities.
RELATIONSHIPS. We go beyond the standard definition of a team player; we hold ourselves accountable for nurturing collaborative, supportive, respectful relationships through clear and honest communication and adaptive decision making.
COMMUNITY. Above all else, we know that it is our responsibility to constantly find new ways to actively engage in and uplift all of our communities – from our professional network to our local neighborhood to our family of JLGers.
STEWARDSHIP. Time, money, materials – everything is finite. We humbly take full responsibility for our clients’, firm’s, and Earth’s resources to make smart decisions and calculated risks for today and tomorrow.
INTEGRITY. We are authentic, consistent, and transparent in our actions, words, and beliefs; we are courageous to do right by our clients, our communities, and ourselves.
But wait, there’s more – here are a few other reasons why it’s good to be a JLGer:
– Agile workforce program
– Summer and flexible hours
– JLGfit program
– Company-wide events and in-house social gatherings
– 100%-paid Medical Insurance
– Dental, Vision and Supplemental Insurance; Health Savings Account; Life, Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
– Paid vacation time; paid personal/sick time; paid holidays; paid volunteer time; paid military service
– Flexible Spending Accounts (Health/Daycare FLEX)
– Formal peer mentoring program; Company-sponsored training and continuing education
– Paid Architectural Registration Exams
– Endless growth opportunities
– For new graduates, a 3-year development program that cuts the time to licensure in half
– Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
– 401(k) retirement plan with employer match contribution
– Licensure bonus program
– Discretionary bonuses
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”