Structural Engineering Intern
Posted Tuesday, January 17
has an exciting summer internship opportunity for a Structural Engineering student to work in our Duluth Office!
As a Structural Engineering intern with LHB, you will have customized, hands-on training through direct project experience and related additional duties. In this internship you will spend most of your time out in the field, interacting with several LHB disciplines, clients, and contractors. In this position you will assist with reviewing and interpreting plan sets for bridges and/ or roadways in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, assist with survey and project staking, and aid in project documentation, record keeping and close out. Travel throughout northeastern Minnesota may be required.
The responsibilities for this position will include but are not limited to: Minimum Qualifications
• Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering (structural focus) from an ABET
• Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
• Upon receipt of an offer of employment, applicants must be able to successfully
complete pre-employment onboarding requirements that will include a criminal/civil
background check and drug screen, in compliance with any applicable laws and
• Application materials must demonstrate prior experience with, and a working
knowledge of, AutoCAD and/or Microstation
• Junior or Senior year of college
• Application materials must demonstrate familiarity with construction standards, plans,
• Ability to self-motivate and work productively with minimal supervision
• Preference given to applicants that have demonstrated construction experience on
bridge or culvert/roadway projects
• Strong written and verbal communication skills. Closing Date: February 10, 2023.
• 401k with Company Match
• Employee Assistance Program
Founded in Duluth in 1966, LHB is a multidisciplinary architecture, engineering, and planning firm that serves clients nationwide. We specialize in commercial, education, government, healthcare, housing, industrial, pipeline, and public works projects and maintain four regional offices in Minnesota and Wisconsin.
LHB is committed to providing clients with high-performance, sustainable design solutions that can meet today’s challenges and create a better tomorrow. In 2021, the Minnesota chapter of the American Institute of Architects honored LHB with its biennial Firm Award.
LHB does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.