Summer Student Internship
Posted Wednesday, May 8
The American Institute of Architects Minnesota, founded in 1892, is the professional association for architects in the state of Minnesota. As a state chapter of AIA National, that also serves three local chapters, AIA Minnesota has nearly 2,400 members and a staff of nine professionals. AIA Minnesota provides a wide variety of programs and services, including producing a regional convention, delivering continuing education programs, publishing the award-winning magazineArchitecture MN, producing public architecture-related events, producing awards programs, lobbying on behalf of the profession at the state legislature, and fostering equity, diversity and inclusion in the profession of architecture. For more information, please visit www.aia-mn.org
During the summer (June – August 2018), the Summer Student Intern will be exposed to a variety of tasks related to engaging with Minnesota’s architecture community as well as operations of a nonprofit membership association. The Summer Student Intern will work with the AIA Minnesota staff team in providing assistance to the association with marketing, communications, and administration duties.
What You’ll Do
- Greet members and others who do business at AIA Minnesota’s office and to direct them to the best resources to meet their needs (e.g., welcoming guests, responding to phone calls and emails)
- Maintain key areas of website content (e.g., job bank notices, event information); ensure that the website is updated regularly
- Assemble and distribute magazine advertisement invoices
- Request, update, and manage promotional lists for magazine circulation and the annual conference
- Draft communications materials provide marketing assistance as directed
- Assist with the organization’s records retention and destruction requirements
- Assist with administrative activities as assigned
- Assist association staff with projects as needed
What We Look For
- A demonstrated interest in the field of architecture and design and/or nonprofit/association administration
- Strong oral, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Outstanding organizational abilities
- Excellent attention to detail
- Comfort with computer work and willingness to learn new programs
- Ability to maintain a positive outlook and be a part of a dedicated, fast-paced, creative staff team of nine members
- Customer service experience/skills are desired
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and inclusively with a diverse team or with a diverse range of people
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have at least one year of college experience
AIA Minnesota is committed to growing the equity, diversity and inclusion of the architecture profession and to reflecting the public our members serve. Please view our Diversity Task Force Report
, which includes our Diversity Commitment. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Hourly compensation range of $12.00 to $15.00 per hour.
Part-time 20 hours per week in the office (a regular schedule will be established with the successful candidate).
Parking or transportation services covered by AIA Minnesota and a professional office environment within the Crown Roller Mill building located in the Mill District of downtown Minneapolis.
Send cover letter, resume, and unofficial transcript to email@example.com. In your cover letter, please make note of any significant coursework, class projects, work experience that directly relates to this internship.