System Director for Design and Construction
Posted Monday, August 5
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities
The System Director of Design and Construction provides system-wide leadership and program oversight of facility project design and construction for Minnesota State. This position supports facility projects generated from capital budget, revenue bond sale, college and university, and other financing avenues. The position establishes and maintains policies, procedures, standards, and contract documentation related to design and execution of capital projects on Minnesota State’s college and university campuses and is responsible for tracking and reporting on projects. The position also supervises and administers the system-wide construction project management system. The position is part of the leadership team of the Facilities Unit of the System Office Finance Division.
View full position description at Working at Minnesota State/Career Opportunities-System Office (https://www.minnstate.edu/system/working/index.htm
Resume must reflect all minimum qualifications. Please enter your experience in chronological order, including the month and year of employment.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering, construction management, or related field.
- Ten years of successful and progressively responsible professional experience in facilities planning, architectural design and engineering, construction management, and contracting.
- Knowledge of and experience with state and federal facilities planning, architectural design, engineering, and construction contracting regulations and standards
- Excellent writing, speaking, and interpersonal communication skills
- Supervisory experience
- Advanced degree in architecture, engineering, construction management, or related field
- Professionally registered architect or engineer
- Facility construction or project management certification
- Experience in public sector or higher education facilities design and construction
- Knowledge and experience in applying principles of continuous improvement and quality management
- Demonstrated leadership skills in team management, employee development and performance management
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of constituencies and work in a team environment
In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (Minnesota State) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to Minnesota State’s Vehicle use criteria and consent to Motor Vehicle Records check.
Employment information for this position can be found in its collective bargaining agreement or its plan document at http://www.minnstate.edu/system/working/relations.html
Why Work for Us
At Minnesota State we promote the ability for our employees to move within the Minnesota State system of Colleges and Universities, located throughout the State of MN. To learn more, please visit: Work at Minnesota State!
At Minnesota State, we have a GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! Our generous benefits include 11 paid Holidays, Vacation Time, Sick Time, six weeks of Paid Parental Leave, low cost medical and dental insurance with low deductibles, a Pension Plan, 457(b) and 403(b) retirement plans and other retirement investment options, pre-tax medical and dental expense (with roll-over option) and dependent care accounts, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, as well as professional development and a tuition waiver program for employees and their dependents, etc. We promote the health and well-being of our employees and take work/life balance seriously.
How to Apply
- Please go PeopleAdmin: http://mnsystem.peopleadmin.com/postings/1459
- All application materials must be received by the Human Resources Department by 11:59 pm on August 19, 2019.
- Most job postings require that you attach a cover letter and resume to your online job Application.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637 or email email@example.com. Please indicate what assistance is needed.