Posted Monday, February 11
This position is responsible to promote and provide Building Information Modeling (BIM) services that will support the efficiency and profitability of Knutson Construction projects through preconstruction, construction and closeout process.
The key job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Leads the development of models to support operations and field productivity of multiple projects and keeps internal project teams informed of BIM/VDC coordination progress.
• Manages coordination meetings for sub-contractor and owner team accountability as it relates to project schedule
• Prepares models for a variety of applications, as requested during preconstruction and construction process including virtual mock-ups, site logistics, and phasing.
• Assist and train project teams in the field through the use and production of electronic construction information.
• Perform quality checks on modeling efforts of others to ensure tools to support project operations
• Validates the accuracy of model data against design team documents and construction on site.
• Prepares models and files for Knutson’s self-perform works (i.e., layout coordinates, formwork, shoring)
• Coordinates receiving updated models from all stakeholders (i.e. designers, sub-contractors, fabricators)
• Performs 3D laser scanning workflow from onsite data collection, scan registration, and file export.
• Prepares BIM Execution Plan and other scope documents that meet project schedule.
• Visits job sites to verify existing conditions and or new construction as they relate to the model.
• May be located on project site to work directly with project team as required by project
• Serves as a resource to Estimators on the use of BIM/VDC software.
• Troubleshoots and engages software support on various technology.
• Researches and identifies technology solutions to improve project delivery.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with stakeholders (clients, design teams, sub-contractors, vendors, field staff, etc.) to reduce construction inefficiencies, financial risk, and to increase efficiency and project profitability.
• Participates in Business Development and Marketing opportunities to promote Virtual Design and Construction and support the growth and financial objectives of Knutson Construction.
• Captures and tracks data to develop ROIs and Case Study data throughout projects
• Implements current Revit and BIM/VDC practices of SOP and standards for project utilization.
• Shares feedback and ideas regarding the future direction of BIM/VDC.
• Networks with external contacts to learn about VDC applications and industry best practices.
• Attend seminars and conferences on VDC related technology (AU, BIM Forum, etc.)
• Respond to and complete all other duties, tasks and/or projects as assigned
Required Skills and Abilities:
• Proficiency with Autodesk Revit, Navisworks, Sketchup, and Bluebeam Revu
• Preferred Software Experience with Leica Cyclone; BIM 360 Glue, Recap Pro, and Adobe Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
• Willingness to be given instruction and follow through with the ability to work independently and within a team
• Full knowledge of infrastructure design and systems with a strong understanding of complex construction detailing
• Strong oral and written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
• Strong planning, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills in a cross functional environment
• Individual must be collaborative and positive
• Desire to investigate and implement cutting edge technology
• Capacity to coordinate efforts with field staff and business partners
• Meticulous attention to detail and ability to make decisions promptly and with confidence
• Highly organized, able to prioritize and multi-task
• High quality professional level work product
Minimum Education and/or Experience Requirements:
• Associates degree in Architectural Drafting or Construction Management required; Bachelor’s degree preferred in construction management, architecture, or computer aided design
• 5 years related work experience in Commercial Construction
• Minimum of 4 years of specific BIM/VDC process experience
• Prior experience in field construction, project management and/or preconstruction preferred