Zoning and Entitlement Coordinator
Posted Tuesday, August 2
ESG Architecture & Design
ESG currently has an opening for a talented Zoning & Entitlement Coordinator. This position requires a zoning specialist to provide support for the discipline of architecture and coordination support with owners, project developers, civil engineers and landscape architects. Position includes research of zoning codes and ordinances for a variety of municipalities, preparation of land use applications and submittal coordination for multiple projects. Also, may include project presentations to residents, neighborhood organizations, city staff members, commissioners and elected officials.
YOUR TALENTS PUT TO GOOD USE:
– Research zoning ordinances and policies for municipalities across the country and prepare zoning summaries for specific project sites
– Explain zoning ordinances to owners, developers and consultants and provide information regarding zoning policies and application procedures
– Coordinate and communicate with City departments and public officials on planning and zoning issues
– Prepare project narratives and application worksheets relative to Land Use Applications, Historic Review Applications and Public Works review and approval
Prepare and review zoning & planning applications to ensure completeness of information and documentation
– Coordinate application submittal and review procedures with various Departments, Boards, and Councils
– Prepare correspondence and respond to inquiries from city planners and commissioners related to project applications
– Attend internal team meetings, preparing and distributing meeting minutes, as appropriate
– Attend public hearings to present development projects when planning & zoning applications and related matters are scheduled
– Identify and participate in education training on planning, zoning, and related topics for ESG team members
– Requires initiative and independent judgment in the application of codes, policies, and procedures
– Other duties as assigned
– Travel within the Twin Cities metro area and out-of-state may be required.
YOU’RE MEANT FOR THIS:
– Bachelor’s Degree in Urban Planning, Architecture, Engineering, Real Estate, Public Administration or a related field
– Three to five years of directly related work experience in architecture, planning, zoning administration, or public administration preferred
– Experience or training with Microsoft Office and Adobe Suites required
Skills and Characteristics
– Have a “can-do” attitude
– Be willing to jump in no matter how exciting the task may (or may not) be
– Anticipate project and client needs ahead of time
– Be willing to ask for help
If you checked the boxes above, then what are you waiting for? Email your cover letter, resume, and project samples to email@example.com
ESG is an equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff. People of color, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ individuals, and women are strongly encouraged to apply . People of all genders, orientations, abilities and cultural identities are welcome and encouraged to apply.
ESG Architecture & Design (ESG) is an award-winning architecture and interior design firm with a national practice in urban residential, hospitality, workplace environments, higher education, branding and graphic design. Since the company’s founding over three decades ago, ESG has helped clients create environments for community, business, and leisure by providing holistic, creative solutions to complex problems. The company’s mission is to enrich the built environment beyond architecture and buildings; to deliver the superior, the timeless, the memorable and the unique; and to design environments that capture the human spirit and uplift our lives.
At ESG, everyone is welcome.
We appreciate and value differences among our team, clients, partners and vendors, and in the communities where we live and conduct business. As an inclusive workplace, we encourage bringing your authentic and whole selves to work.
Extraordinary Benefits to Match Your Extraordinary Talents
We understand that you are more than the work you do. We’re comprised of parents, athletes, techies, outdoor enthusiasts, makers, foodies, neat freaks, pet lovers, go getters, social butterflies, introverts and so much more. We want people that work at ESG to feel supported and empowered in all the right ways. Benefits include:
– Environment: Inspired, Creative and Collaborative Co-workers
– Wellness: Work/life schedule flexibility, free on-site gym access, healthy snacks, stress (not so healthy) snacks, close proximity to river, stone arch bridge and park trails
– Internal Engagement: ESG JEDI (Justice, Equity, Diversity, Inclusion), ESG Green (Sustainability), ESG Cares (Community), Mentorship (All Levels), Design Exchange (Internal Presentations), Design Collaboration (Inspiration, Dialogue, Support), Sports Leagues (Volleyball, Softball, Bowling, etc…)
– Pre-tax Transportation Benefits/Metro Transit Pass
– Competitive salary
– Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life insurance packages
– Bonus and profit sharing
– 401K matching program