Zoning & Entitlement Coordinator
Posted Thursday, May 5
ESG Architecture & Design
ESG currently has an opening for a talented Zoning & Entitlement Coordinator. This position requires a zoning specialist to provide support for the discipline of architecture and coordination support with owners, project developers, civil engineers and landscape architects. Position includes research of zoning codes and ordinances for a variety of municipalities, preparation of land use applications and submittal coordination for multiple projects. Also, may include project presentations to residents, neighborhood organizations, city staff members, commissioners and elected officials.
YOUR TALENTS PUT TO GOOD USE:
– Research zoning ordinances and policies for municipalities across the country and prepare zoning summaries for specific project sites
– Explain zoning ordinances to owners, developers and consultants and provide information regarding zoning policies and application procedures
– Coordinate and communicate with City departments and public officials on planning and zoning issues
– Prepare project narratives and application worksheets relative to Land Use Applications, Historic Review Applications and Public Works review and approval
– Prepare and review zoning & planning applications to ensure completeness of information and documentation
– Coordinate application submittal and review procedures with various Departments, Boards, and Councils
– Prepare correspondence and respond to inquiries from city planners and commissioners related to project applications
– Attend internal team meetings, preparing and distributing meeting minutes, as appropriate
– Attend public hearings to present development projects when planning & zoning applications and related matters are scheduled
– Identify and participate in education training on planning, zoning, and related topics for ESG team members
– Requires initiative and independent judgment in the application of codes, policies, and procedures
– Other duties as assigned
– Travel within the Twin Cities metro area and out-of-state may be required.
YOU’RE MEANT FOR THIS:
– Bachelor’s Degree in Urban Planning, Architecture, Engineering, Real Estate, Public Administration or a related field
– Three to five years of directly related work experience in architecture, planning, zoning administration, or public administration preferred
– Experience or training with Microsoft Office and Adobe Suites required.
SKILLS & CHARACTERISTICS
– Have a “can-do” attitude
– Be willing to jump in no matter how exciting the task may (or may not) be
– Anticipate project and client needs ahead of time
– Be willing to ask for help
If you checked the boxes above, then what are you waiting for? Email your cover letter, resume, and project samples to email@example.com
ESG is an equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff. People of color, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ individuals, and women are strongly encouraged to apply . People of all genders, orientations, abilities and cultural identities are welcome and encouraged to apply.