“Demystifying the AIA 2030 Commitment” was presented at the A’18 MN Conference on November 15, 2018. The program was recorded and is now being made available through AIA Minnesota as an on-demand webinar.
Seminar descriptionDid you know three out of four firms are not yet meeting the AIA 2030 Commitment? Four Minnesota firms, of different sizes and specialties, will discuss their tactics for reporting data, what they are learning, challenges they’re facing, and how it’s improving their practice. The panelists will discuss how they approached the required Sustainability Action Plan, Project Data Collection, Reporting Process, and Results. A brief portion of this program explains the process of signing up.
Presenters are Carly Coulson, AIA, LEED AP, COULSON; Amber Sausen, AIA, LEED AP BD+C, Alliance; Jesse Turck, AIA, LEED AP BD+C, BWBR; Christopher Wingate, LEED AP, MSR; and moderator Simona Fischer, MSR.
Learning objectives1. Discuss and recognize the importance of building energy use and its contribution to climate change.
2. Illustrate how firms can use the AIA 2030 Commitment to apply design strategies aimed at significantly improving the energy performance on a variety of project types and specialties.
3. Identify attainable goals and initiatives for a firm’s Sustainability Action Plan as outlined in the AIA 2030 Commitment.
4. Interpret best practices for energy efficient design and strategies for collecting and reporting building energy usage.
AIA members $50
Continuing education creditThis program has been approved for 1.5 HSW LU Hours for AIA; and based on our review, should also qualify for Professional Development Hours for Minnesota licensing.
- Complete registration and payment
- You will then receive a confirmation email with the link and password to access the webinar
- View the 1.5 hour webinar and then complete the 10-question quiz (must score 80% or above for credit)
- Within 48 business hours you will receive a certificate of completion and credits will be recorded to AIA member transcripts