Individuals who have an architecture license or equivalent from a non-U.S. licensing authority are eligible for International Associate membership.
AIA Minnesota is recognized throughout the nation as one of the strongest components of the AIA. Whether an intern, associate, or AIA member, you would belong to a local chapter: AIA Minneapolis, AIA St. Paul or AIA Northern Minnesota. In addition to affiliation with a local chapter, you would be a member of Minnesota’s state organization (AIA Minnesota), and the national AIA.
The benefits of membership are numerous:
- Subscriptions to Architecture MN, an award-winning magazine; Matrix, AIA Minnesota’s monthly e-newsletter; AIArchitect e-newsletter covering news, tips and trends; ARCHITECT, the official magazine of the AIA; plus digital editions of Residential Architect, EcoHome, and EcoStructure.
- Notices on upcoming programs, seminars, and events
- Advocacy and public awareness through partnerships with other local publications, awards programs, and public relations efforts
- Opportunities for continuing education to keep you on track
- Committee participation — 23 committees to fit your interests
- Contract Documents — 30% discount for members
- Networking opportunities including luncheons, committees, events, and more!
- Dedicated and experienced Government Affairs Committee that works to address the needs of the profession
- CES Tracking — Not sure how many credits you’ve accumulated? Members can check their CES transcripts at any time.
- More than 20 Knowledge Communities, professional interest groups that enable you to build a peer network of colleagues who share your interests and practice specializations.
- AIA Trust protection through professional liability, term life, and other insurance coverage
- AIA Advantage discounts on products and services such as shipping, credit cards, technology, and more
- Business Tools, such as best practices, to help you manage your business more effectively
- And much more!
Download the AIA Member Benefits Guide.