Click here to watch the Leadership Forum video!
2022 Leadership Forum Graduate Testimonials
“I was excited for the learning opportunities the program was going to provide, but what I did not anticipate was the level of self-reflection that was going to be integral to the program. I learned a lot about both leadership and myself throughout.”
“Leadership Forum really made me question what I was doing and challenged me to think about how I could more fully live out my values. It helped me identify how I could be a better leader not only within my firm but also the profession.”
“I have a hard time identifying myself as leader, but I hold strong to the identity of architect. Connecting the qualities of a “great architect” to that of a good leader really helped me personally start to see how I embody some of those qualities.”
Seeking Applications for the 2023 Leadership Forum
We are planning and looking forward to meeting in person for the first time in more than two years!
APPLICATIONS must be completed online by 5:00 pm December 9, 2022.
A PDF is provided to allow applicants to preview prior to completing the online application.
The Leadership Forum develops and fosters leadership skills of mid-career AIA Minnesota member architects. The primary areas of focus include:
- Developing and strengthening a participant’s understanding of and skills in the following areas: leadership styles and values; self-awareness; intercultural development; communication; motivation and engagement; leadership case studies; future trends and advocacy; and application and implementation
- Creating a network of diverse professionals focused on leadership development
We are excited to share that our advisory committee has amended the eligibility criteria for applicants as noted below:
- Candidates must be an AIA Minnesota or MSP NOMA member
- License is not required
- A minimum of 10 years’ industry experience is required
- Tuition is $750 (scholarships are available)
- Participation is limited to 16 people
- Selected participants are expected to attend all scheduled sessions and complete all homework
2023 Session Schedule (TENTATIVE)
All days are full day sessions except January 11, July 12 and July 18.
January 11: Coffee Talk: Getting to Know Your Cohort
January 18: Defining Leadership and Cultivating Change. Knowing and Using Your Strengths to Lead February 15: Foundations of Intercultural Development
March 15: Leadership and Communication
April 19: Building Trust and Engagement
May 17: Leadership Stories. Living Our Values
June 21: Leadership and Advocacy: What is Your Story? Motivation to Lead
July 12: Keynote and Reflecting and Charting Your Path Forward
July 18: Touchpoint group share. Celebration Reception
December 9 2022 Applications due
January 20, 2023 $750 tuition due
Questions? Contact Deanna Christiansen