Join us in Duluth for the 36th Annual Lake Superior Design Retreat
February 23 & 24, 2024
Registration NOW available!
The Lake Superior Design Retreat is an annual, winter weekend extravaganza in Duluth, Minnesota. Since its inception over 30 years ago, LSDR is an interdisciplinary and rejuvenating event that explores design ideas and creative processes that push boundaries in the worlds of architecture, planning, engineering, literature, craft, dance, music, the fine arts, the environment, and more. Come for inspiration, unexpected synergies, and commaraderie.
A New Venue
LSDR 2024 will take place at Zeitgeist Arts – 222 E Superior St. Duluth, MN 55802.
Zeitgeist Arts is “a nonprofit arts and community development organization committed to growing and sustaining a community that is inclusive, diverse, and equitable; artistic and vibrant; environmentally conscious; and a place where every individual can thrive. Working in partnership across our region, Zeitgeist connects like-minded organizations and people to collaboratively create programs that make lasting change”.
A block of rooms has been reserved for LSDR attendees at the Sheraton Duluth Hotel (right across the street from Zeitgeist) at a rate of $179 per night. This block is available through January 23, 2024. Make your reservation now »
Visit duluthbandb.com for B&B options or call 1.800.4.DULUTH for other lodging suggestions.
- Alejandra Peña-Gutiérrez, Weisman Art Museum director
- Tenna Florian, FAIA, a partner and co-leader of the Lake|Flato’s Eco-Conservation Studio
- Jon Hallberg, MD, whose talk will focus on the influence of design on the practice of medicine
- Jesse Puka-Beals, a researcher at the University of Minnesota in the Department of Agronomy and Plant Genetics, with a research focus on kernza.
- Aaron Wallace, a woodworker and the founder of Oxbow Designs.
- Maggie Thompson, textile artist and designer, Makwa Studio.
AIA Minnesota is a registered provider with the AIA Continuing Education System. We anticipate up to 6.0 Learning Unit/Hours will be approved for the 2024 Lake Superior Design Retreat.