The goals of the committee include advocating for women in the architecture profession by
- Providing mentorship and networking opportunities
- Advancing women in leadership positions through advocacy, professional development, and dialog about cultural change in the profession
- Increasing the visibility of women by celebrating past and present professional contributions
- Researching issues relevant to the retention of women in architecture and developing best practice recommendations for architecture firms
- AIA Minnesota convention presentations
- Mentoring and networking opportunities
- Research study: focus on retention of local women in the profession
- Panel discussions
- Project show-and-tell tours
- Participation in the AIA Women’s Leadership Summit
Faces of Women in Architecture: Call for Photos
By advocating for women in architecture we promote a stronger future for the architecture profession.
We are passionate about driving integrity, inclusion and optimism in conversations and actions related to gender equity.
Please help us share the significant accomplishments and diverse faces of Minnesota women in architecture. If your membership type is Assoc. AIA or AIA, submit a photo (up to 5MB in size) of yourself which represents the work that you do as an architect. Also include the milestones and awards that you, your firm and the community have been recognized for that raises the profile of women in the profession. Let’s spread the word!
AIA Minnesota will display an interactive timeline in their boardroom from the beginning of June through August representing the talented women architects throughout the State. Following its time at AIA Minnesota, this collection of powerful milestones will have National presence at the 2019 Women’s Leadership Summit.