Posted Friday, February 24
is a full-service architecture firm that specializes in the design of high-end homes, lofts, cabins, and boutique commercial projects. Based in Minneapolis, but with projects across the country, we are a collaborative studio that focuses on a high level of design and client service.
We structure most projects as team efforts and candidates will be working with Principals and Project Managers from the earliest stages of schematic design to the production of drawing sets. Candidates are expected to have the ability to work on multiple projects at a time and be able to efficiently switch between tasks.
Excellent candidates who complete job duties with urgency and efficiency will have their duties and responsibilities increase on projects and within the structure of the firm.
We are currently hiring a Licensed Architect with 5+ years of commercial experience to work in our Uptown studio.
Candidates will be managing commercial and residential projects working directly with Principals and Directors from the earliest stages of schematic design to drafting construction documents, producing drawing sets, managing a small team of junior staff, and reviewing submittals and shop drawings.
Candidates are expected to have the ability to work on multiple projects at a time and be able to efficiently switch between tasks. Excellent candidates who complete job duties with urgency and efficiency will have their duties and responsibilities increase on projects and within the structure of the firm.
This is a great opportunity to join our collaborative work-family.
While we focus on high-end homes, we have a growing portfolio of commercial work, and we are seeking qualified candidates that have a proven track record of successfully completing small to mid-scale commercial projects with a high degree of design quality and effective delivery.
What you will generally be doing:
• Approximately 60/40 split between commercial and residential work
• Managing commercial and residential projects
• Directing the work of design staff on projects through the various phases of construction
What we are looking for in you:
• 5+ years of experience in commercial design, documentation, and construction administration
• Work with high-end residential projects a plus, but not required
• Self-motivated and capable of working independently and self-directing on to the next task.
• Effective time management skills and a sense of urgency in completing assignments
• High degree of organization and ability to quickly adjust priorities
• Extensive experience with commercial building code, detailing, and construction administration
• Extensive experience with production of construction drawings for commercial projects
• An active Minnesota license in good standing.
What Skills you must have:
• High degree of professional experience with AutoCAD
• High degree of proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel)
• Professional experience with Sketchup
• Proficiency with Adobe Suite (Photoshop and InDesign) and Bluebeam Revu
• Experience with Revit, ArchiCAD, or other BIM software is a plus, but not required
• Experience with ProCore is a plus, but not required
• Good written communication skills
Compensation is commensurate with experience and skill.
This is a full-time salaried position with the following benefits:
• Fully covered health and dental for the employee (Dependents can be added, but paid in full by employee)
• Life Insurance/ADD policy
• Short and Long-term disability insurance
• 3 weeks PTO and 9 paid holidays
• Simple IRA match
• Reimbursement for professional memberships (AIA, NCARB, LEED, etc.)
• Discretionary bonuses as the firm is able.
Please email your resume, cover letter, and examples of your work in pdf format.
Please do not send disks or hard copies, no phone calls or drop-in inquiries, please.