By Karen Lu, AIA, NOMA, AIA Minnesota President
- Sign up to join the AIA 2030 Commitment. There are currently 20 AIA Minnesota member firms. Signatory firms have access to over fifty Sustainable Action Plans. Can we set a goal for five or more new Minnesota firms to sign the 2030 Commitment this year?
- If your firm is already a member, but hasn’t been active lately, start entering data into the AIA 2030 Design Data Exchange.
- For more information on the Framework for Design Excellence, check out these climate action resources.
- For those in a position to evaluate employee performance, read “Identifying & Interrupting Bias in Performance Evaluations”
- For those who need to write a self-assessment, read “Writing an Effective Self-Evaluation: Worksheet”
- For everyone, please participate in an ongoing study to understand architects’ experience in the workplace by taking this survey.
The last goal of the conference, to “advocate and serve as a trusted partner for progress,” is one that our Minnesota delegation took to heart. We returned from Grassroots energized with a renewed sense of purpose, community, and understanding of the importance of leading with integrity.
View the March 2020 edition of Matrix.