The Honor Award Jury has outstanding national and international credibility; giving the award-winning architects, and the public, an idea of the caliber of work created by Minnesota architects and how they rate on a worldwide scale.
2015 Honor Awards
Honor Award submissions* are due on Friday, September 25, no later than 12:00pm.
*Deadline to submit your completed entry form to AIA Minnesota to receive your entry number is noon Thursday, Sept 24 - each project must have an entry number to be submitted.
Download* the submission entry form.
*NOTE: PDF Content/Format: Include only one project/submission per CD/thumb-drive. The submission must be one PDF imagebook file in book-layout to include no more than 25 pages (8/5x11 inch) pages total. (24 8.5"x11" pages plus the cover page.) Layout may be either in two-page spread or single-page format, or a combination of both, but must not exceed a total of 25 (8.5x11 inch) pages. Example: in addition to the cover page, you might have up to 24 8.5"x11" pages OR 12 8.5"x22" pages. Call if you have questions on this. No exceptions will be made. Maximum Submission PDF file size: 10MB
2015 Honor Awards will be announced at the 2015 Convention on November 12. Download the Convention release.
2015 Honor Award Jury
- Paul Mankins, FAIA, principal, substancearchitecture, Des Moines
- Marianne McKenna, AIA, founding partner, KPMB Architects, Toronto, Ontario
- Edward A. Vance, FAIA, founder & CEO, EV&A Architects, Inc., Las Vegas
1) The Toro Company, Leo A Daly
2) Marlboro Music Cottages, HGA Architects and Engineers (HGA)
3) Hennepin County Walker Library, VJAA
4) Janet Wallace Fine Arts Center, Phase II – Studio Art, HGA Architects and Engineers (HGA)
5) Brunsfield North Loop Apartments, Snow Kreilich Architects
6) Welland International Flatwater Centre; Toronto 2015 Pan American Games, VJAA, Lead Design Firm; RDH-Toronto, Architect of Record
7) Northrop Performing Arts Center, HGA Architects and Engineers (HGA)
8) Lake Minnetonka Retreat Home, Snow Kreilich Architects
Download the 2014 Press Release.
1. U.S. Land Port of Entry, Julie Snow Architects, Inc. — design architect in collaboration with Robert Siegel Architects
2. Macalester College, Janet Wallace Fine Arts Center, HGA Architects & Engineers
3. Drexel University College of Media Arts & Design URRN Center, MSR
4. Carleton College Weitz Center for Creativity, MSR
5. Target Plaza Commons, Julie Snow Architects, Inc., and Ryan A & E, Inc.
6. Union Depot Multi-Modal Transit & Transportation Hub, HGA Architects & Engineers
7. Minnesota Fallen Firefighters Memorial, Leo A Daly
8. Hall House, Salmela Architect
9. School of Architecture, University of Minnesota College of Design, Centennial Chromagraph, Variable Projects
Download the 2013 press release.
Download the 2012 press release.
Questions? Contact Mary Larkin.
Download an archive of past Honor Award recipients.