The Honor Award Jury has outstanding national and international credibility; giving the award-winning architects, and the public, an idea of the caliber of work created by Minnesota architects and how they rate on a worldwide scale.
2016 Honor Awards
Award submissions deadline has been EXTENDED 24 hours to noon CDT on Friday, September 23. The required submission materials and information are the same as in past years, but this year participants will upload them to our online awards system rather than deliver them to our office on a CD or thumb drive. Click here to register and begin the process. You can make changes and additions to your submission(s) right up to the deadline.
The 2016 Honor Awards jury:
- Julie Eizenberg, FAIA, founding principal, Koning Eizenberg Architecture
- Sheila Kennedy, FAIA,founding principal, KVA Matx
- Patricia Patkau, Hon. FAIA, founding partner, Patkau Architects
2015 Honor Award Recipients
Download the release.
- Surly Brewing MSP, HGA Architects and Engineers (HGA)
- North Hennepin Community College Biosciences & Health Careers Center, Perkins+Will
- Ordway - Concert Hall & Production Wing Expansion and Remodeling, HGA Architects and Engineers (HGA)
- Bedford Hall Addition and Renovation at Longwood University, HGA Architects and Engineers (HGA)
- Xcel Energy Hiawatha West and Midtown Substation Enclosures, Alliiance
- CHS Field, Design Architect: Snow Kreilich Architects; Firm of Record: Ryan A+E; and AECOM
- Fast Horse, Salmela Architect
- Mississippi View Apartment, Kara Hill Studio
- Nordic Light, D/O
- Family Retreat, Salmela Architect
- Whitetail Woods Regional Park Cabins, HGA Architects and Engineers (HGA)
Please contact AIA Minnesota for more information about the Honor Awards or to receive images of the winning projects.
Past Honor Award Recipients
Download an archive of past Honor Award recipients.