The Honor Award Jury has outstanding national and international credibility; giving the award-winning architects, and the public, an idea of the caliber of work created by Minnesota architects and how they rate on a worldwide scale.
2016 Honor Awards
Award submissions deadline is noon CDT on Thursday, September 22. The online submission link will be available here by August 29.
NOTE: Be aware that the online submission process this year will most likely mean that there will be different submission requirements. Watch here for more information.
Honor Award Open House
Thursday, August 11
4:00 to 6:00 pm
80 S. 8th Street, Ste. 300, Minneapolis
Come to the Open House to learn more about how to best represent your firm through the Honor Award. Hear from past award-winners and review submission examples. Plan to stay for the entire Open House!
RSVP by August 10 to AIA Minnesota.
Parking & transportation instructions:
- On-street parking is very limited between 4pm -6pm.
- IDS Center parking ramp entrance is located along Marquette Ave. They accept coin, cash, and card.
- Other nearby parking ramps include RSM Plaza Ramp, entered off Marquette Avenue or Eighth Street; Lasalle Court Ramp, entered off Lasalle Avenue; or Macy’s Park n’Shop Ramp, entered off both Seventh and Eighth Streets. All have skyway connections to the IDS Center.
- Blue Line and Green Line LRT Trains stop at Nicollet Mall & Fifth Street, just three blocks from the IDS Center.
- Bike racks are located on Eighth Street outside the IDS Center Tower lobby.
2015 Honor Award Recipients
Download the release.
- Surly Brewing MSP, HGA Architects and Engineers (HGA)
- North Hennepin Community College Biosciences & Health Careers Center, Perkins+Will
- Ordway - Concert Hall & Production Wing Expansion and Remodeling, HGA Architects and Engineers (HGA)
- Bedford Hall Addition and Renovation at Longwood University, HGA Architects and Engineers (HGA)
- Xcel Energy Hiawatha West and Midtown Substation Enclosures, Alliiance
- CHS Field, Design Architect: Snow Kreilich Architects; Firm of Record: Ryan A+E; and AECOM
- Fast Horse, Salmela Architect
- Mississippi View Apartment, Kara Hill Studio
- Nordic Light, D/O
- Family Retreat, Salmela Architect
- Whitetail Woods Regional Park Cabins, HGA Architects and Engineers (HGA)
Please contact AIA Minnesota for more information about the Honor Awards or to receive images of the winning projects.
Past Honor Award Recipients
Download an archive of past Honor Award recipients.