“Revised and New AIA Contract Documents: Owner-Architect Agreements & Sustainable Design and Construction” was presented at the A’17 MN Conference on November 17, 2017. The program was recorded and is now being made available through AIA Minnesota as an on-demand webinar.
Seminar descriptionAIA Documents B101, B103 and other key Owner–Architect Agreements have just been revised. Participants will leave this session with an understanding of the 2017 revisions to the Owner- Architect agreements. Participants will be prepared to select appropriate AIA contracts for their particular project and practice, as well as evaluate the suitability of alternative contract terms and language. Lastly, this program will discuss the new Sustainable Projects Exhibit (E204-2017) and explore how it can be used to provide a positive impact on the health and safety of building occupants.
Presenters are Thomas Hysell, AIA, LEED AP BD+C, principal, Alliance; Andrew Mendelson, FAIA, chief risk management officer, Berkley Design Professional; and Patrick J. O’Connor, Jr. LEED AP, partner, Faegre Baker Daniels, LLP. All three served on the national AIA Documents Committee.
- Evaluate the impact the changes to the 2017 AIA Owner-Architect agreements will have on practice and discuss the rationale driving the changes with key members of the Documents Committee.
- Discuss various AIA owner-architect agreements to confidently select appropriate AIA documents based on project size and complexity.
- Examine the changes to AIA owner-architect agreements with respect to the overall format, including the new distinction between supplemental and additional services.
- Learn how the new Sustainable Projects Exhibit, including the architect’s sustainability services, can be used to provide positive outcomes for the health, safety, and welfare of building occupants.
CostAIA members $75
Continuing education creditThis program has been approved for 1.5 HSW LU Hours for AIA; and based on our review, should also qualify for Professional Development Hours for Minnesota licensing.
- Complete registration and payment
- You will then receive a confirmation email with the link and password to access the webinar
- View the 1.5 hour webinar and then complete the 10-question quiz (must score 80% or above for credit)
- Within 48 business hours you will receive a certificate of completion and credits will be recorded to AIA member transcripts