2021-2022 Home of the Month Projects
AIA Minnesota and the Star Tribune are pleased to announce the next twelve custom residential design projects to be featured in the Star Tribune Sunday Home & Garden section each month as part of the Home of the Month editorial series.
The projects were selected from among a competitive pool of 40 entries by a panel of peers including Wale Falale, AIA, FIHÀN Design + Architecture; Katie Hutchison, AIA, Hutchison Design Studio (Rhode Island); Anna Pravinata, AIA, Alliiance, and Star Tribune editor Kim Palmer.
The selected projects are examples of the highest-quality, architect-led design from across the region and showcase a diverse range of project sizes, scopes, budgets, and environments.
- Beard Avenue Urban, Albertsson Hansen Architecture, Ltd.
- Rapson Revival, Charles R. Stinson Architecture + Design
- A Light Transformation, CityDeskStudio
- Campfire, Kell Architects
- Tile House, Christian Dean Architecture
- Everwood Farmstead, D/O Architects
- River Roost, SALA Architects, Inc.
- Washburn Ave Renovation, Joy Martin Architecture
- GreenHouse, Christopher Strom Architects
- Casa Loon, M. Valdes Architects PLLC
- School House Box, CityDeskStudio
- Metal-Lark, SALA Architects, Inc.
Home of the Month Digital Look Book
This digital publication showcases the 40 architect-design projects that were submitted for the 2021 Home of the Month program. Projects selected to be featured in the Star Tribune’s Home of the Month series are identified with a corner ribbon.
Browse stunning photographs and read the stories behind the designs. Click the image to the left to view the Look Book.
Architect-Client Interviews from the Virtual Event
During the virtual Home of the Month Preview Event on April 27, we interviewed two architect-client pairs to learn more about their collaboration, the design process, and the story behind their home designs.